Below is an e-mail I sent to some folks who have connections with the Trump team.
From Moms and Dads across America-
As a Trump supporter, I stand with all who are questioning who is advising Donald Trump on education. We must make our voices loud and clear, that we will not accept our children being used as “Human Capital” or “Guinea Pigs” for the STATE or FEDERAL government, much less the United Nations.
“Unfortunately, we need look no further than the man leading Trump’s education transition team to understand how much trouble we are in.
Not long ago, Gerard Robinson, a research fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, was one of only eleven members of the Executive Team of Jeb Bush’s “Digital Learning Now!” council, along with Joel Klein of NYC Public Schools, Gregory McGinity of the Broad Foundation, and Susan Patrick of the International Association for K-12 Online Learning.
It should be no surprise, then, that Robinson recently told EdWeek: “I see [Trump] supporting blended learning models, alternative learning models,” and that he will “likely want to continue significant investments in colleges and universities, but also closely track how well graduates do in the labor market.”
We as parents will not allow for OUR children’s personal data to be the new commodity of public/private partnerships that have been put in place to dismantle traditional public schools in favor of charter like structures (public/ private partnerships), that will be forced to generate student data for corporate profit and State control through an invalid accountability system that has been locked in place through federal and state legislation.
We will push back with a vengeance. Just as we did against Common Core.
We do have recommendations of who should be on the Education advisory team.
We need Trump to come out ASAP and shut down the establishment of a National Student-unit record system!
The new Commission on Evidence-based Policymaking being pushed by Speaker Paul Ryan and Senator Patty Murray , and urged (by Bill Gates and the other foundations/corporations that want access to more and more of our children’s data) to establish a national student-unit record system that would allow government tracking of citizens from Pre- school throughout their careers.
There is a reason why they had to get the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) passed before the election. That is what locked the global transformation of education “SYSTEM” in place, no matter if it is implemented at the local, state or federal level.
I was asked by a friend if I thought President Donald Trump will eliminate Common Core. (FYI- Hillary would have put what has been described in overdrive), just as Emily pointed out in her article.
My answer….. No, because he doesn’t understand it. Common Core has been rebranded and is known as College and Career Ready, Competency Based, Personalized Workforce training and Governor Mike Pence was a champion of workforce education development. My prayer is; he doesn’t understand it either and will listen if we organize and stop this train-wreck.
Think of it this way- Previously, in America your past did not determine your future. In the very near future – a students career pathway will be determined by every data point collected on them from preschool through the workforce. A computer algorithm (software program) is going to spit out a personal profile telling them what they are competent at and future employers will have access to that personal profile built on them from Pre-School through the workforce.
As my friend Lidia Larson pointed out, “all of the data is not personally identifiable data but a constant flow creating a profile of sorts by each movement, decision or click within the system. It doesn’t need your personal information to decipher how you make a conclusion.”
Think I am crazy?
Listen to this. Ethical Use of Big Data in Education –
One last note of concern….
When the state and federal government are tracking students for workforce development aligned to the UN model as Emily Talmage clearly described, this brings in the issue of national security.
As Anita Hoge reported, there were three major actions under the Obama administration, without legislative approval, to change two hundred years of traditional public education in the United States.
(1) The Common Core copyright, which created a national curriculum and national testing mandating that individual students meet individual standards (similar to the Obamacare individual mandate).
(2) Unlocking data ‘to flow’ through the Family Education Rights in Privacy Act, FERPA, which allows personally identifiable information on our children to flow to outside 3rd party contractors for research and curriculum development to match Common Core.
(3) No Child Left Behind Flexibility Waiver, (ESEA, Elementary and Secondary Education Act), that is re-training teachers to teach to Common Core. Now known as the Every Students Succeeds Act (ESSA), passed in Dec. 2015.
AGAIN, There is a reason why they had to get the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) passed before the election. That is what locked the Global system in place, no matter if it is implemented at the local, state or federal level.
Does President Donald Trump have people around him who understand a “SYSTEM” has been locked in place, and do they have a plan to unlock and decentralize the system that is CONSTITUTIONALLY solid and that is not just replacing one corrupt UNION BOSS EDUCATION MOB with the Common Core Jeb BUSH “YELLOW SCARVES” MOB?
I welcome being proven wrong. I really want to go back to being a MOM!!
Until then, I am ready to do my part to #MakeAmericaGreatAgain.
I have to, for my kids.
What I wrote in my book is playing out right in front of our eyes at the anti-Trump protests. These college and high school kids are angry and have been trained activists through our education system, paid for with our tax dollars. This has been intentional and very well organized. This is being taught in Public- Private and Charter schools. So, “School Choice” is not the answer to fix it!
“As Moms and Dads, we need to step back and start asking ourselves a couple of questions…
1. Can we accept an educational program as a truly solid academic education that will serve our children and their futures well, if our children graduate from high school or college with the attitudes, values, beliefs, behaviors, and a worldview that we oppose, which has been presented by teachers trained to believe it is their responsibility to be the devil’s advocate, and who teach our children to question and even oppose the foundational beliefs of our families?
2. Is it more important for our children to receive college credits in high school, or more important to establish and protect their minds and souls?
3. If your child graduates from college and attains a great, high paying job, but no longer respects – much less believes – that they are worthy of a strong marriage, a free and prosperous country, and that by the grace of God anything is possible – have we done our best to give our children a strong foundation for a happy, joy filled life?”