Betsy Devos Being Against Common Core, is like saying……
By Alice Linahan Nov. 27, 2016
Texas does not have Common Core. Everyone knows that is not true, but they continue to push the false narrative.
Let me start this article by saying, this is not an attack on Donald Trump, he likely does not know the reality of the vision Betsy Devos is involved in pushing. Those who follow my work know the story of the Green, Yellow and Red people.
As a Mom protecting my children, my job is to flush out if President-Elect Donald Trump’s appointee to Secretary of Education, Betsy Devos, is Green? Yellow? or Red?
Because my kids and their future are being threatened, it is time for some RED PILL reality!
- The Purpose of Common Core/College and Career Ready National Standards:
1. Shifts Education Philosophy- An education of Opportunity (Equal Opportunity) based on academics; reading, writing, math and history has moved education in the United States, to an education of equity (Equal Outcomes) based on attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors.
2. Broadened Impact – The Common Core/College and Career Ready National Standards expand the target from K-12 (Kindergarten through 12th grade) to a P-20W (Pre-school through College, Trade or Graduate School) into the Workforce system.
3. Testing Based Outcomes- The Common Core National Standards shifts from the “Mental” (Academics and Knowledge Based Tests) to “Behaviors” (Performance Standards and Competency for the workforce) assessments.
4. Adjustments to Ideology- Change American’s worldview from nationalism into globalism and allow a government controlled economy known as ”Dirigisme” or the more common use–a dirigiste economy. It means essentially a state directed economy.
5. Dismantle traditional public schools in favor of charter like structures (public private partnerships) that will be forced to generate student data for corporate profit and state control.
- There is a fundamental “SHIFT” occurring in education today. Some will say it is 21st Century Learning.
The truth is, technology is the only 21st Century thing about it. These are the same battles that were fought in the past; beginning in the 1930s and more recently, in the late 60’s and early 70’s and again in the late 80′s and early 90′s. It is what was coined back then- Outcome Based/School to Work education.
Hillary Clinton and the Bush family have been key players in all of this and should be held accountable!
Leading the push to expose this in the past, were heroes like Phyllis Schafly, Charlotte Isyerbt, Dr. Peg Luksik and Anita Hoge. All, clearly have understood and have written and spoken extensively about the dangers, including the danger of “School Choice”.
What pushed it out in the past? PARENTS!! Why, because parents understood just how harmful this is to their children.
- How are students affected in a learn to earn, controlled workforce, model of Education
Common Core Reading Concepts Embrace:
• Social Justice-
• Situational Text-
• Real World Narratives
Common Core Math Concepts Embrace:
• Flipped Classroom-
• Facilitation vs. Teaching —
• Process Standards –
Forced through Common Core/College and Career Readiness Standards and Assessments, what knowledge there is, comes as pre-supplied concepts. Not the concepts an individual develops in the privacy of their own mind after considering the linkages among the relevant facts he or she knows on a given topic. As described by the author of ‘Credentialed to Destroy’, and ‘Invisible Serfs Collar’, Robin Eubanks in this audio clip.
“Common Core has a dominant skill emphasis. Why would any reasonable person believe a dynamic, prosperous economy comes from making the focus on an ability to communicate or to be part of a team or to problem solve?”
“The reality is that Common Core is designed to make genuine innovation very unlikely if not impossible. We as a society certainly will not benefit if innovation becomes unlikely.”
Interestingly, reading this book review of Robin Eubank’s book, ‘Credentialed to Destroy’, by Cynthia Weatherly, 3D Research Group; whom we’ve had on the Women On the Wall Conference Call, it helped me understand the system that has now been locked in place, through the passage of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the re-authorization of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
“Over the last three decades, there have been a number of excellent books written to explore the direction education reform has taken. Some look narrowly at specific programs or policies; others take a broader perspective, following the historical trends that bring us to our present moment.
Robin Eubanks’ Credentialed to Destroy: How and Why Education Became a Weapon falls into the latter category. This means that, while there are many points at which she might have begun to tell her story, she starts with the thought of Johann Fichte, a German philosopher bridging the late 18th – early 19th centuries. Fichte, a Freemason who reduced the idea of “god” to moral behavior, envisioned a “socialized” national education that would “mould the Germans into a corporate body, which shall be stimulated and animated in all its individual members by the same interest.”[i] The educational system, therefore, had to be egalitarian: “So there is nothing left for us but just to apply the new system to every German without exception, so that it is not the education of a single class, but the education of the nation.”
This new education system was not designed to appeal to a student’s free will because “recognition of, and reliance upon, free will in the pupil is the first mistake of the old system.” The education system Fichte had in mind “destroys freedom of will in the soil which it undertakes to cultivate, and produces on the contrary strict necessity in the decisions of the will, the opposite being impossible. Such a will can henceforth be relied upon with confidence and certainty.” Generations of children, schooled in blind obedience to the State, were well-primed for the tyranny of Nazism. “
- Common Core/College and Career Readiness-Political Designs?
Common Core/College and Career Ready National Standards, are a tactic used in the push to Globalize Education via:
• Progressive Federalism [Framework for developing a political community committed to justice]
• Anticipatory Democracy [Justify governments at all levels becoming the decision-makers]
• Redemptive Constitutionalism [The Constitution is an inter-generational project – Work in Progress]
The overlap between the “Right and Left” in America Central Commitments
• Progressives focus on the achievement of political and social equality
• Popular Constitutionalists on formal equality in political decision making
• Both focused away from the Framers’ intent, and towards the future
“Governance is the process by which we collectively solve our problems and meet our society’s needs. Government is the instrument we use. The instrument is outdated, and the process of reinvention has begun. We do not need another New Deal, nor another Reagan Revolution. We need an American perestroika.”- Reinventing Government: How the Entrepreneurial Spirit is Transforming the Public Sector
Perestroika – the Russian program of economic and political reform in the Soviet Union initiated by Mikhail Gorbachev
The “SHIFT” is NOT liberal vs conservative. Parents and educators on both sides of the political aisle are horrified by what they are seeing in the classrooms. The fundamental shift in education we are talking about is changing from a transmission of knowledge, that parents still expect from our schools to an emphasis on altering the students world-views, their values, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors.
When education is focused on how students perceive the world, that is known as critical theory or cultural marxism.
The College Board’s SAT and AP (Advanced Placement) assessments and conceptual frameworks can be described as “Transdisiplinary” in their purpose. Transdisiplinary is when the function of the subject matter, concept themes in the syllabus, and course frameworks are all used to guide how a student views the world. The technical term most commonly used is lenses. Effectively these lenses become the values, attitudes, and beliefs the students are to be taking away from the curriculum.
You are no longer that boy from Argyle, Texas who played baseball and was a Boy Scout. You are now a global citizen. Not an Individual and Not an AMERICAN.
American Exceptionalism destroyed.
- Who makes $$ on Common Core?
CAN I SEE Who is financially benefiting off the curriculum on which my child’s teacher is evaluated?
Common Core/College and Career Ready Standards create the new gold rush, a rigorous U.S. and international corporate sprint for educational gold (in the form of your kid’s data) at all public, private and charter schools.
• 3 R’s in Education- There is money to be made on new education products when education shifts from Reading, Writing and Arithmetic to Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships.
• Professional Development- There is money to be made from on going training of teachers and administrators on the latest and greatest 21st Century Learning.
• Non-pofit NGOs (Non-government Trade Organizations)— Council for Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), American Association of School Administrators (AASA), American Association of School Boards (AASB), Texas Association of School Administrators (TASA), Texas Association of School Boards (TASB),
• There is money to be made from the shift from academic based EOCs (End of Course) tests to online digital competency based daily assessments and instruction.
• Technology companies are data mining; basically stealing our kid’s private personal data for profit.
Data mining is actually my biggest issue with Donald Trump’s appointment of Betsy Devos. Especially since Candidate Donald Trump was clear during his campaign, when he promised to end student data mining and fix the FERPA loophole. “I would close all of it,” Trump replied. “You have to have privacy.”
The appointment of Betsy Devos raises major red flags. Will Donald Trump actually follow through with that promise, now that someone who profits off that data has been appointed to Sec. of Ed.? Cheri Kiesecker reported:
Ms. DeVos supports allowing big technology companies to data mine children, 50,000 data points per hour, without parents knowing about it or ever seeing how the data are shared, used and profiled.
DeVos is Chair of The Philanthropy Round Table, a group that focuses on Venture Capital Philanthropy (and making “serious money“) and also promotes computer-based data mining and as an added bonus, this group Chaired by Devos is also excited about Common Core. You can read excerpts from their Blended Learning Guidebook by linking to Cheri’s article.
I wrote about the appointment of Devos being a national security issue in the article: Trump, Devos, National Security and The Tarbiyah Project. This new revelation about Devos’ support of datamining student data, gives me even more concern from a national security perspective as well. Who has access to that data to intervene and adapt my child’s behavior?
District of Innovation (DOI) and Education Savings Accounts (ESA)s are both “School Choice” legislation in co-ordination with the Charter School movement. Remember when I said… “The UN documentation stated that the way to GLOBALIZE education was through “school choice”, because, with “Choice”, comes accountability? With Accountability, comes data collection and tracking.” Need proof; watch this video.
As an education researcher and mom, Lynne Taylor pointed out on her Common Core Diva blog, “The United States is a ‘card carrying UN member. We have signed a global goals agreement (known as SDGs, Sustainable Developmental Goals). Education is the fourth goal globally. The choice readiness will use the education and data for our students to be one of 3 tracks: college (leader or authority), citizen (includes military as protector or authority), or worker.” See the 2015 UN Report:
So, moving forward, the STATE and FEDERAL government’s Next Generation of Assessment and Accountability will align with data tracking and the UN’s GLOBAL Accountability System and Standards.
Question: are you for “Choice” with NO way to “exit’ the system? Or, are you for “Education Freedom” from forced accountability?
The UN’s Education 2030 Agenda video is clearly scary because it shows WHY the innovative data (written into the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) passed in Dec. 2015 and its related laws) is such a big deal.
There were three major actions under the Obama administration, without legislative approval, to change two hundred years of traditional public education in the United States.
(1) The Common Core copyright, which created a national curriculum and national testing mandating that individual
students meet individual standards (similar to the Obamacare individual mandate).
(2) Unlocking data ‘to flow’ through the Family Education Rights in Privacy Act, FERPA, which allows personally
identifiable information on our children to flow to outside 3rd party contractors for research and curriculum development to match Common Core.
(3) No Child Left Behind Flexibility Waiver, (ESEA, Elementary and Secondary Education Act), that is re-training teachers to teach to Common Core/College and Career Ready National Standards.
These three important points control standards and testing, curriculum, and teachers with all public school children and
became solidified by the passage of the Every Student Succeeds Act in December of 2015.
The 2011 FERPA change, spurred by Bill Gates, changed the federal law from a student data protection law to a data sharing law, without parent consent. Reverting back to the 2010 version of FERPA would stop data collection.
Dr. Susan Berry, education writer for Breitbart wrote:
DeVos, who supports school vouchers for charter schools as a means to bring about school choice, is chairwoman of the American Federation for Children (AFC), a charter school promotion group, and is also a board member of Bush’s Foundation for Excellence in Education (FEE). Bush and his foundation have served as champions for the Common Core standards.
Dick and Betsy DeVos are also major donors to FEE. In 2015, they donated between $50,000 and $100,000.
Now, we know; not only does Betsy Devos fund the Common Core/College and Career Ready tactics of globalization, she and her family actually profit off of the BILLION dollar digital learning industry that has been created by the likes of the Bushes, Gates and Devos.
As Cheri stated, “Technology can be powerful when used appropriately. Although, research shows that Blended Learning does not support positive academic outcomes when compared to face-to-face teacher time. The argument that kids use social media outside of school is often used. However, parents who don’t want their children on screens at school, don’t want their children’s data collected, should have a choice.”
If you watch the video below and begin to understand; ask yourself….. Do you want the government using block-chain technology to monitor and track citizens? Now take that a step further, do you want the United Nations to have access to monitor and track American citizens? This is what Gates, the Bushes, and Trump’s Sec. of Ed, Betsy Devos, have been funding. The Common Core, College and Career Readiness/ 21st Century learning is ALL about DATA, private DATA of citizens to access and monitor, with the ability to modify and adapt behavior through a personalized digital record.
ARE YOU REALLY OKAY WITH THIS? As Kennith Adams stated about the video below:
“And then there is this. At 12:50 minutes this gets scary. Taken to its logical conclusion this means that every individual from birth will have and need his digital record…..”
As Moms and Dads, we need to step back and start asking ourselves a couple of questions…
1. Can we accept an educational program as a truly solid academic education that will serve our children and their futures well, if our children graduate from high school or college with the attitudes, values, beliefs, behaviors, and a worldview that we oppose, which has been presented by teachers trained to believe it is their responsibility to be the devil’s advocate, and who teach our children to question and even oppose the foundational beliefs of our families?
2. Is it more important for our children to receive college credits in high school, or more important to establish and protect their minds and souls?
3. If your child graduates from college and attains a great, high paying job, but no longer respects – much less believes – that they are worthy of a strong marriage, a free and prosperous country, and that by the grace of God anything is possible – have we done our best to give our children a strong foundation for a happy, joy-filled life?”